Reimlaw office



Employment First Preference (EB-5)

Employment First Preference (EB-5) Employment Fifth Preferences visas (EB-5 visas) are designated for foreign investors. EB-5 visa applicants must make either a $900,000 or $1.8 million capital investment in a U.S. business entity that creates at least 10 full-time jobs. The mandatory capital requirement depends on where the U.S. company receiving the investment is located. …

Employment First Preference (EB-5) Read More »


DACA DACA BASICS In 2012, the government announced a new program that can help some people who are here without legal status receive work authorization and limited protection from deportation.  It’s called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or “DACA.” If you are thinking about applying for DACA, we have some important information and tips we would …

DACA Read More »

N400 Applications

N400 Applications What is Form N-400? Form N-400 (officially called the “Application for Naturalization”) is a government form used by green card holders who are ready to apply for U.S. citizenship after meeting certain eligibility requirements. Filing this form with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), which is part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), is …

N400 Applications Read More »

I-601 Application For Waiver

I-601 Application For Waiver An I-601 Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility allows a non-citizen alien to immigrate to the United States, adjust their status to permanent residence, or seek admission to the United States in a nonimmigrant status, if certain grounds of inadmissibility, circumstances, or conduct prevent them from being otherwise admissible. The …

I-601 Application For Waiver Read More »

Form 212: Permission To Reapply After Deportation Or Removal

Form 212: Permission To Reapply After Deportation Or Removal I-212 Waiver: Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal Aliens found inadmissible to the United States based on sections 212(a)(9)(A) or 212(a)(9)(C) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) must file USCIS Form I-212 Application for Permission to Reapply for …

Form 212: Permission To Reapply After Deportation Or Removal Read More »

J-1 Waiver (Exchange Program Participants)

J-1 Waiver (Exchange Program Participants) The J-1 visa in the United States is for people who wish to take part in work-and-study-based exchange and visitor programs in the U.S. These programs are sponsored by an educational or other nonprofit institution, which must be accredited through the Exchange Visitor Program designated by the U.S. State Department. …

J-1 Waiver (Exchange Program Participants) Read More »

L-1 Advisory Opinion(Intra-Company Transferees)

L-1 Advisory Opinion(Intra-Company Transferees) Some exchange visitors to the United States are required to live outside of the country for at least two years before they can return under a dual-intent visa. However, the two-year residence requirement does not apply to all J-1 visa holders. As a result, many exchange visitors are confused by whether …

L-1 Advisory Opinion(Intra-Company Transferees) Read More »